Eligibility criteria of JEE Mains 2016 exam
JEE Mains 2016 exam is the medium for getting admissions in IITs, NITs and GFTIs. CBSE is the many body for conducting this examination all over India. JEE mains exam 2016 will be conducted on 3rd April in almost 16 states of the country for the admissions in various prestigious colleges. CBSE has also listed various guidelines for this exam that are must to be followed before going for an exam. All the eligibility criteria should be properly followed in order to give the exam this year.
JEE main is also the first stage of examination for getting admissions in ISM (Indian School of Mines) in Dhanbad and IITs. Last year nearly 13 lakh students appeared for this examination and now this number is expected to increase only. Out of these students, only top 2 lakh students are eligible to appear for JEE advance which is the second stage for this examination. CBSE will also release JEE Main Answer Key 2016 after the exam so that it becomes easy for the students to verify their answers well in advance.
Image Source: Pixabay
Here is the complete list of the eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main 2016 exam. Go through this list carefully before going for an exam and make sure you don’t fall short to any of these criteria’s.
Date of Birth
- Only those students are allowed to give the JEE Main exam 2016 who have their date of births on or after October 1, 1991.
- But in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Person with Disabilities (PWDs) candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed for 5 years and hence persons in these categories can appear for exam having date of births on or after Oct 1, 1986.
- Date of Birth which is mentioned in CBSE certificates (class 10) will only be considered.
- Persons failing this criterion will not be allowed to sit in the exam or they will be disqualified if such forge is found in their mark sheets later on.
Year of Appearance in qualifying examination
- Candidates who have passed their class 12th examination in 2014 or 2015 or the students who are appearing in class 12th this year are only eligible to give JEE Main Exam 2016.
- Candidates who have passed class 12th in 2013 or before are not eligible to appear for JEE Main 2016 exam.
- The students failing in class 12th in 2013 and giving exams again in 2014 and passing it are also not allowed to appear in JEE Main 2016 exam.
- JEE Main Answer Key 2016 will help the students to identify their percentage of qualifying the exam this time.
Number of subjects in JEE Main 2016 qualifying stage
- The candidates appearing in this qualifying stage must have 5 subjects in their class 12th board examination.
- Admissions will be for the course of B.E/ B.Tech and B.Arch/ B. Planning in various IITs, NITs and GFTIs and the combination of subjects is explained below:
|Course||Necessary Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination|
|B.E/B.Tech||1-Language, 2-Physics, 3-Mathematics, 4-Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject), 5-Any other subject. With at least 45% marks (40 % in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in each of the subjects.|
|B.Arch./B.Planning||Mathematics subject along with 50% marks in total including five subjects.|
State Code Eligibility
- State code refers to the code of the state from where the person has qualified the class 12th examination or any equivalent examination and by default that person becomes eligible for appearing in JEE Main 2016 from that state code only.
- If a certain candidate has passed class 12th examination from one state and later on appeared for improvement from another state, then the state code for that candidate will be applicable from where he has originally pass the examination and not from where he has appeared for improvement.
- State codes are available on the official website of CBSE. So go through that site to look at your respective state codes.
Number of Attempts
Only three attempts are allowed for the candidate appearing in JEE Main 2016 exam. If the person is sitting for the 4th time in this exam will disqualified from the further process of this exam.